Prepares food orders and coordinates kitchen activities by performing the following duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications
- Ensures kitchen is clean and tidy
- Stocks kitchen at end of each shift
- All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including, but not limited to, dress code policies.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes task on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. .
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
1 year related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals.
THARALDSON HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT Job Description
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Residence Inn Marriott
When on the road for an extended period, our guests need space to spread out, maintain their life’s pace and restore their energy to help them maintain a healthy balance and routine while traveling. Residence Inn offers them a seamless blend of modern style and functionality that allows them to settle in and thrive.
Residence Inn properties are designed as all-suite hotels that offer studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. Guests looking for a revitalizing sleep experience will enjoy the hotel’s plush mattresses and crisp linens, while guests focused on being productive will value their suite’s large, well-lit work desk, ergonomic chair and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Designed for stays of five nights or more, each suite also has a fully-equipped kitchen with a coffeemaker, microwave oven and residential-sized appliances.
The Residence Inn’s complimentary breakfast has a variety of great options, including specially made featured items. Guests can start their day off right with healthy food choices and, with a convenient to-go offering, can make sure they do not miss the most important meal of the day.
Extending the feeling of comfortable living on the road, Residence Inn offers guests inviting and functional public spaces to relax or collaborate. Road warriors and families alike enjoy the hotel’s grocery delivery service, complimentary Wi-Fi, 24-hour onsite food and beverage market, dry cleaning services, and onsite guest laundry room. The hotel’s weeknight evening gatherings offer a casual, relaxing environment where guests can be as social as they want, while enjoying light fare. The hotel also maintains a business library where guests can fax, copy and print materials, and provides guests with a swimming pool, whirlpool, exercise room and Sport Court®.
Since his first hotel acquisition in 1982, Gary Tharaldson has owned over 350 hotel properties throughout the United States. He has been instrumental in developing prototype properties for the likes of Marriott and Hilton, and has received numerous Developer of the Year awards from the same highly respected franchise companies.
Tharaldson Hospitality Management LLC, operates a portfolio of business class hotels under franchise license agreements with Intercontinental Hotels Group, Marriott International and Hilton. Our goal is to maximize the operational quality and financial performance of our hotels, grow market share and enhance the performance of our hotels through the constant pursuit of superior levels of quality, efficiency and service.
Our people are our strength and we believe in allowing individuals at all levels the freedom to be creative, solve problems and implement their decisions. THM, formed in January 2011, currently provides management services for 32 hotels 14 states, with several more opening in 2017. 6.
– Company Mission Statement –
Tharaldson Hospitality Management’s mission is to operate the most profitable hotels in the world by hiring the brightest people and providing them with the tools and know-how to produce industry-leading bottom lines. We will constantly pursue this mission while never sacrificing the satisfaction of our guests or employees.
Company Website: tharaldsonhm.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)