Manages hotel to ensure efficient and profitable operation by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures compliance with company/franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all employees; supervises work activities of all employees • Ensures staff received proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures and assists Area Director in budget planning
- Monitors cost controls on a regular basis
- Performs duties of a Sales and Marketing manager including making marketing calls; attending community business functions; working with travel agents and direct bill accounts; and coordinating sales promotions
- Inspects guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Answers patrons’ complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction
- Handles and resolves employee issues
- Conducts annual wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Audits daily reports and processes monthly paperwork • Orders supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures
- Available 24/7 with reliable transportation
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication –Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentations skills
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results
- Managing People – Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Improves processes, products, and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including, but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism, - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Strives to increase productivity
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word processing software; spreadsheet software and Internet software.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Driver’s License required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste and smell. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must regularly lift an/and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Residence Inn Marriott
When on the road for an extended period, our guests need space to spread out, maintain their life’s pace and restore their energy to help them maintain a healthy balance and routine while traveling. Residence Inn offers them a seamless blend of modern style and functionality that allows them to settle in and thrive.
Residence Inn properties are designed as all-suite hotels that offer studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. Guests looking for a revitalizing sleep experience will enjoy the hotel’s plush mattresses and crisp linens, while guests focused on being productive will value their suite’s large, well-lit work desk, ergonomic chair and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Designed for stays of five nights or more, each suite also has a fully-equipped kitchen with a coffeemaker, microwave oven and residential-sized appliances.
The Residence Inn’s complimentary breakfast has a variety of great options, including specially made featured items. Guests can start their day off right with healthy food choices and, with a convenient to-go offering, can make sure they do not miss the most important meal of the day.
Extending the feeling of comfortable living on the road, Residence Inn offers guests inviting and functional public spaces to relax or collaborate. Road warriors and families alike enjoy the hotel’s grocery delivery service, complimentary Wi-Fi, 24-hour onsite food and beverage market, dry cleaning services, and onsite guest laundry room. The hotel’s weeknight evening gatherings offer a casual, relaxing environment where guests can be as social as they want, while enjoying light fare. The hotel also maintains a business library where guests can fax, copy and print materials, and provides guests with a swimming pool, whirlpool, exercise room and Sport Court®.
Since his first hotel acquisition in 1982, Gary Tharaldson has owned over 350 hotel properties throughout the United States. He has been instrumental in developing prototype properties for the likes of Marriott and Hilton, and has received numerous Developer of the Year awards from the same highly respected franchise companies.
Tharaldson Hospitality Management LLC, operates a portfolio of business class hotels under franchise license agreements with Intercontinental Hotels Group, Marriott International and Hilton. Our goal is to maximize the operational quality and financial performance of our hotels, grow market share and enhance the performance of our hotels through the constant pursuit of superior levels of quality, efficiency and service.
Our people are our strength and we believe in allowing individuals at all levels the freedom to be creative, solve problems and implement their decisions. THM, formed in January 2011, currently provides management services for 32 hotels 14 states, with several more opening in 2017. 6.
– Company Mission Statement –
Tharaldson Hospitality Management’s mission is to operate the most profitable hotels in the world by hiring the brightest people and providing them with the tools and know-how to produce industry-leading bottom lines. We will constantly pursue this mission while never sacrificing the satisfaction of our guests or employees.
Company Website: tharaldsonhm.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)